With the skyrocketing popularity of WordPress, a lot of multi-purpose themes have been released for this open-source platform. However, some users still complain about the lack of essential functions for their sites, too heavy weight that impedes page loading and too complicated principle of usage.
Guys from TemplateMonster fixed such an imperfection and released their own theme that has become a true breakthrough in multipurpose WP themes. How? One of the best features is that you may choose only those plugins and setting that you need at a time, so you don’t have to set them all.
Monstroid is aimed at giving you enormous flexibility on creating your own structure, style, typography, palette and imagery that your business should have.
Here is a brief overview of its major features along with arguments for adding them to the functionality of your online portal.
- Structure Your Site Layout as You Wish
To begin with, the theme comes with the following layout options: boxed, grid, and full-width. To attract attention to some info like popular posts, you can optionally locate the sidebars both on the left and right sides. If you want your page to feature only the main content, you can leave its layout without any sidebars. A good thing about Monstroid is the fact that it allows doing anything you like with your website structure.
- Choose the Best Style for Your Layout
When it comes to styling your website, Monstroid offers 4 options including grid, masonry, flat, and masonry flat. Whether you want to arrange elements in elegant tiles or keep pages from shadows and glows, the theme gives such an opportunity. Just pick the style for your taste and array your site in it without messing with the code.
- Add Diversity to Your Site Design More Often
In addition to Monstroid itself, the package contains 4 child themes custom-made for sites related to art & photography, finance & IT, interior & furniture, and education. However, it’s just an initial offering. Every month you will be able to get 15+ child themes of different topics that can be used for free. With such a wide variety of designs, it’s possible to diversify your website interface frequently.
- Complement Your Content with Free-Licensed Images
Imagery is considered to be one of the most influential types of content, that’s why your web resource can’t go without a good portion of pictures. To take care of this issue, Monstroid creators included 50 professional images of high quality to the package. You can use them at no cost and as long as you want. In such way, there is no need to pay extra money for images or spend long hours searching for free alternatives. Using Monstroid, you’ll have all the essentials for your website design at hand.
- Enrich Your Site with Features for Pros & DIYers
Next, we’d like to focus on the fact that Cherry Framework 4.0 forms the basis of Monstroid’s functionality. This is an easy-to-use tool intended to build feature-rich WordPress sites and easily adapt them to your needs. Shortly before the theme’s release, TemplateMonster completely revised the framework, and its latest version offers much more things than its predecessors. Check the package of this versatile framework, and you will find it full of useful extensions and features for users with any skills and experience, be it a beginner or an expert.
- Shortcode Template Editor to accelerate the page building process by creating custom templates for shortcodes and editing them the way you need;
- Static Area Builder to attach content blocks and other page elements, e.g. menu and search bars, to the most appropriate place in your website layout;
- Ajax Post Formats to create elegant showcases of your projects in Ajax-powered galleries filterable without page reloading;
- Independent Module Structure to utilize the built-in extensions independently from Cherry Framework;
- CSS Compiler to bring multiple CSS files together in a single one and downsize it for better performance of your site;
- Dynamic CSS allows to edit your code much faster .
Now, let’s proceed to the features for do-it-yourself users and their value for your site. They are listed below:
- 150+ Shortcode Variations to facilitate the process of adding content to your site and managing it without a good command of HTML and CSS techniques;
- Theme Options Backup to bring back the previous data and settings each time you change them improperly;
- 500+ Google Fonts to let you choose the most suitable typography for your content and improve its legibility;
- WPML & RTL Support to provide full localization of your site and deliver your content to web users in different corners of the globe;
- Responsive Design to ensure an optimal visual experience for users of both high-resolution screens of desktops and narrower displays of mobile devices;
- SEO-Friendly Nature to help your site attract more attention of web surfers by rising in the rankings of Google and other search engines;
- Google Map Service to add a GPS option to your site, which will make it easy for customers to find your location and figure out the best route to it;
- Google Analytics to give you exhaustive statistics of visitors’ number, whereabouts, actions, and many other important details;
- 120+ PSD Files to enable you to modify graphic files via Photoshop the way you like;
- Free Lifetime Updates to supply your site with innovative features in a single click and allow it to evolve in the constantly changing web environment.
- Empower Your Site with Premium Extensions for Free
Are you impressed with the mentioned features for DIYers and professionals? Well, it is just the beginning. As we’ve already mentioned, Cherry Framework empowers Monstroid’s functionality with multiple extensions. They will come in handy for a wide range of purposes, e.g. easier navigation, data management, customization, content presentation and promotion, to name a few. Look through the list of these extensions to find out how your web resource can benefit from each of them.
- Cherry Wizard to carry out the installation of the framework, theme and all of its extensions in a few clicks, without the need to use a file manager;
- Cherry Data Manager to make a one-click export and import of your website data when it’s transferred to another hosting domain;
- Cherry Team to make an effective introduction of yourself and your colleagues in easily customizable profiles;
- Cherry Services to reveal what your company offers in attractive posts that can be enriched with custom fields and styles;
- Cherry Simple Slider to accommodate multiple image and video files in a slideshow that can be managed via an intuitive settings panel;
- Cherry Portfolio to exhibit your projects in galleries of different kinds equipped with multiple functions and smooth effects;
- Cherry Mega Menu to show a lot of options, namely links, buttons, images, etc., at once, without annoying submenus;
- Cherry Blog Layouts to create the most convenient blog structure for readers by changing positions of posts and sidebars with mouse clicks;
- Cherry Testimonials to make your site look more reliable by filling it with customers’ references in easy-to-format posts;
- Cherry Custom Sidebars to create special places for additional content next to the major information without going through the hassle of coding;
- Cherry Charts to present any numerical data in catchy diagrams of the following types: doughnuts, pies, bars, and others;
- Cherry Social to allow people to rate, comment and share your content in social networks as well as register on your site and sign in to it afterwards via social accounts;
- Cherry Star Ranking to enable customers to assess your products with star ratings, which will inform others about their popularity;
- Cherry Grid to bring clarity and order to your website architecture, each grid type is tunable by such qualities as inherit, boxed and wide;
- Cherry Plugins Manager to let you upload, activate, deactivate and run all the plugins with a few clicks.
In addition to the extensions provided by Cherry Framework, Monstroid is also packed with extra premium extensions that you can use for free. Check what you can do with their help below:
- MotoPress Editor to design web pages of a unique style and structure them with intuitive drag-and-drop functionality;
- MotoPress Slider to create breathtaking slides with images, videos, links, captions, striking transition effects, animations and much more;
- Skins Switcher to change your website style in an instant with one of the following options: flat, material, skeuomorphic, retro, minimal, grunge, metro, low poly, and others;
- MailChimp for WP to increase the number of your subscribers by creating sign-up forms and checkboxes that can be shown anywhere throughout your website;
- YITH WooCommerce Compare to add multiple products to a table and draw a comparison between them;
- YITH WooCommerce Wishlist to compile a list of the most-liked products and add it to your social media profiles for sharing with friends;
- White Label Plugin to assume full control over your website branding by customizing dashboard panels, logos, and more.
- Enlist Support of Third-Party Plugins
Even if you don’t see any functional capability in the previous lists of extensions, you can easily add it to your site due to Monstroid’s support for third-party tools. To name a few, it’s worthwhile to mention bbPress for building a forum, Google XML Sitemaps for better website indexation by search engines, BuddyPress for extending social media potential, Olark Chat for instant messaging with customers, etc. Thus, your site can have any functionality that can optimize its use for you and your audience.
- Transform Your Site into an E-store
Would you like to sell your products and services right on your site? Integrated with WooCommerce, Monstroid will help you succeed in this initiative. With its aid, you can easily manage your items, show their images in a lightbox, track your stock, monitor shopping stats, and do much more things. There is also an option to automatically detect customers’ location and adapt the currency and taxes to their countries. Ease of dealing with eCommerce is what Monstroid provides.
- Enlist Professional Support: Live Help, Videos and Docs
There are so many things in the package of Monstroid that you may need some explanation of how to use it or its components correctly. In this respect, you can go two ways. The first one is to learn everything yourself in text and video tutorials, while another one is to rely on experts from the support team. To get an instant response, you can contact them via an email or live chat available right in your WordPress admin panel. Keep in mind that you get a free access to online consultation for a lifetime, which means you can address all your concerns to the support team any time, i.e. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Here we are. We hope we could highlight all the peculiarities of this breakthrough theme to facilitate your decision-making process. Having been in the web design industry for 13 years, the team behind Monstroid can boast writing the 20bln+ lines of clean code, 2K+ unique WP themes, and 300K+ happy customers. Looks impressive, doesn’t it? Based on such a rich experience, Monstroid has been developed and seems to be here to stay for good reasons. 4 child themes with 15 extras every month, 50 professional images, 150+ shortcode variations, 120+ PSD files, 24 premium extensions – these and other things can help you build and design your site effortlessly, whether you are a pro or newbie. So, go check this all-in-one solution now.
Nick Campbell, the author of this article, is fond of writing posts on various subjects, particularly web design, e-commerce, social media, marketing, business, and education. He has been involved in the content creation sphere for more than two years. Nick is primarily focused on covering modern trends in a specific industry to help his readers keep abreast of the latest news. If you don’t want to miss any brand new developments in the aforementioned topics, follow Nick Campbell on Google+!