Since more and more users are leveraging mobile technology than desktop systems, delivering enhanced mobile experiences to users has become more important than ever. If you’re an app developer, then to achieve success in your endeavor you need to ensure that your mobile app matches up to your end users’ expectations. One best way to do so requires you to identify users’ perception about your mobile application (ideally the problems users face when using the app).
Through this post, I would like to help you understand the significance of scrutinizing your mobile UX and how you can conduct diagnosis on the UX.
Understanding the Necessity of Evaluating Mobile UX
Learning about the problems users face when using your app will help you learn about the areas of improvements. Accordingly, you can design and develop your application, ensuring that it is in compliance with best practices. This helps you come up with high-end mobile applications, or serves as a good starting point to redesign your existing app.
Steps Involved in Mobile UX Evaluation
- Know About Your End Users and Understand Their Needs
The first thing you need to analyze as a mobile UX evaluator is: to know about your target audience. Doing so, will help you create an app for the intended audience, ideally the ones who’re interested in an app model like yours. Besides this, try to evaluate what exactly your end users’ want. For this you need to seek answers to questions such as:
- What device your users have?
- Which operating system version run on your target users device?
- Who are your competitors?
One best way to perform UX analysis is to appoint two or more evaluators and make each of them carry out the evaluation in the following ways:
- First off, the evaluators should conduct the analysis on the basis of use-defined scenarios. And then, continue inspecting other UX elements. Here you need to check the UX issues that your user might face when using your app or website. For this purpose, put yourself in the user’s shoes, and try to identify UX issues that the user might encounter. Another great approach to evaluate mobile user experience is to use a conceptual framework – that focuses analyzing the UX in the context of user-centered design.
- Secondly, UX evaluators should follow the Rapid Competitive Benchmarking process to compare the mobile UX against competitors. They need to focus on the areas where the competitors are delivering a better mobile user experience.
- Lastly, it is important to review the feedback you get from users regarding your app’s UX. You need to take a good look at how your users are installing your app, the cross-device and cross-platform experience, reviews provided by users in the app store and social networks and so on.
You can appoint a team for performing analysis on your mobile UX. But, keep in mind that each member of the team possesses diverse skills and have specialization in conducting evaluation of mobile UX in different areas. And so, to take full advantage of your team members skills, it is very important for allot tasks to each member carefully based on their area of expertise. For instance, one mobile UX evaluator will initiate the discussion bringing forth possible scenarios – identifying issues in the mobile UX. Another evaluator can help prioritize the problems and provide possible solutions to the problems.
Once all evaluators have completed diagnosing the mobile UX, organize a review session to validate the key findings of your team. This will most likely help you explore possible further improvements to be made, and might also help you find workable solutions for the same.
So now that you’ve come to know about the major issues with your mobile UX and solutions, it’s time to capture those issues and organize them. You can create slide presentations, where each slide tells about a problem and actionable recommendations. For more detailed evaluations, create slides with important recommendations and some best practices.
Identifying problems using slide presentations in the above discussed manner will take out the pain – your team of designers and developers will otherwise have to go through – while viewing the list of problems.
Mobile UX (user experience) plays a vital role in making your app successful. So, if you’re about to start with an app design or already have one live, performing a planned diagnosis on the mobile UX will help you learn about the possible issues you can face and also provide solutions to the problems. As a result, you can be rest assured that your app will be a hit with users. Reading this post, will hopefully guide you on conducting analysis on the Mobile UX in the most efficient manner possible.Author Bio: Rick Brown is a veteran iPhone developer with Mobiers Ltd., where you can hire iPhone app developer. You can get his assistance, to explore more about iPhone app development services and its leverages.